Refer the Filter Selection webpage to select the correct part number.
A torque limiting vent cap is now standard for DAVCO Fuel Processors. A wrench is not needed to remove the vent cap and the torque limiting features prevents overtightening.
Diesel Pro 230, 232, 233, 234, 242, 243, Shop Pro ST
- OD Collar: 5 inches
- Metal: P/N 232007DAV
- Composite: P/N 232002
- Heavy Duty wrench: 243030DAV
Fuel Pro 380, 382, 384
- OD Collar: 6"
- Metal wrench: P/N 380134DAV
- Heavy Duty Wrench: P/N 382152DAV
Fuel Pro 482, 483, 485, 487 and 488 as wellShop Pro FXP
- OD Collar: 8"
- Metal wrench: P/N 482017
- Heavy duty wrench: P/N 488001DAV
A standard Filter Element will fit all Fuel Pro 382s and Diesel Pro 243s – The “Plus Size” filter element will only fit the “Plus Size” cover, which is standard on all 382, 383 and 384 units after 2008.
Visit this page for Electric Pre-Heater information. Click on the thumbnail photos for a larger view of the Heaters.
After filling the top of the clear cover, start the engine and allow it to run for several minutes. Open the vent cap to release the vacuum, then tighten the vent cap. The fuel level may rise momentarily when the engine is started, but will drop after that. If the fuel level rises to the black band on the filter wrap and does not fall, the filter should be changed.
Refer to Form F1318 to determine whether the bubbles are air or vapor bubbles.
If they are air bubbles, refer to F3089 to determine the sou
- The Fuel Processor should be mounted so the clear cover is higher than the fuel tank.
- Install the Fuel Processor on the vacuum side of the fuel system.
- Keep hoses away from hot engine components (turbo and exhaust components). Do not allow fuel hoses to become pinched or droop excessively. Industrial Pro fuel processors should not be mounted directly on the engine.
Refer to the OEM Codes for the code for engine model and options.